With Summer coming to an end and Autumn approaching I started to get this tingly sense of excitement running throughout my body. I love everything about Fall. The crisp cold air that hits my face the moment I walk out the door, the beautiful array of colors on the ground left by the trees that are preparing themselves to endure the cold harsh winter, turtlenecks, scary movies, Thanksgiving, Halloween, the pumpkin spiced candles at Yankee Candle, carving pumpkins, and of course pumpkin flavored foods! I know I’m starting to daydream a little bit too much here since summer isn’t technically over yet, but lets just say I’m ready for Fall.
On a different note, I went to the grocery store and I noticed that Trader Joe’s had a large display of pumpkins up for sale – a little premature I must say, but I couldn’t help myself so I bought one. It’s way too early to start carving pumpkins or to put them on my doorstep, but it’s never to early to eat them. So what better way to bring in the Fall Season than some pumpkin soup?
This pumpkin soup recipe is easy, vegan, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 pumpkin (any size will do)
- 1 can of coconut milk cream
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Remove the skin off of your pumpkin and remove the seeds.
- Cut your pumpkin into small chunks and boil in water until tender.
- Blend your pumpkin with chopped onion and garlic until you get a soup-like consistency.
- Pour one can of coconut milk cream with your pumpkin mix and blend.
- Pour soup back into your pot and add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
For a non-vegan friendly meal, you can top your soup with some shredded cheese. I added a little bit of Frontier Co-Op’s Five Spice Powder to mine for a little bit of a kick.
~Happy early Fall Everyone~